I am a Vancouver based artist interested in the creative interpretation of my reality. How I see the world and my place in it is my impetus for creative exploration, as I define my universe through inventive place-making. My figurative sculpture explores hybrid identity and alternative representations of the body. In my digital mixed media work, I deconstruct photographs into idiosyncratic pixel shapes which I use as building blocks for new compositions.
Ellen Scobie starts with photographs but has become a master at layering different images into an impressionistic whole that harkens to memories both individual and archetypical.
— Will Gibson, juror, Cross Pollination: 14 contemporary artists in digital media
- Digital Mixed Media Artwork
SERVICES TO THE FILM and TV INDUSTRY
- Art rentals and sales to film, television and commercials
- All artwork rights-cleared
- Large, eclectic portfolio of paintings and mixed media artwork
- Available in digital form to be reproduced within tight time-frames
Images on the website represent a small sampling of available art. Contact Ellen to discuss your needs.